Following the web a year ago and Android in September, Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides for iOS would now be able to alter Office documents.
This ability is pitched as bringing the “collaborative and assistive features of Google Workspace to your Microsoft Office files” in a natural interface. For instance, an association may at present get Word records from customers and different sources, however in any case utilize Google’s efficiency devices for all inward work.
In coming to portable, clients don’t have to download another application. Three key viewpoints are promoted:
- Permits you to edit, comment, and collaborate on Microsoft Office records utilizing Google Docs’, Sheets’, and Slides’ powerful ongoing joint collaboration tools.
- Improves sharing choices, improves sharing controls, and lessens the need to download and email document attachments.
- Streamlines work processes by diminishing the need to change over document types.
This editing usefulness replaces the past Office Compatibility Mode (Quickoffice), which just had essential highlights.
The following Microsoft document types are supported:
- Word: .doc, .docx, .speck
- Excel: .xls, .xlsx, .xlsm (large scale empowered Excel records), .xlt
- Powerpoint: .ppt, .pptx, .pps, .pot